Sep 22, 2009

a proclamation

I am
a reflection
of your projection
of every rejection.
A mere collection
of years of hesitation
love and separation
a manifestation
of sublimation
and violent frustration.
A shell of intent
and time never spent.
All the things you resent
all those promises lent
that never became
more than something to blame,
the absence of fame.
When everyday is the same,
I am your shame.
And yet
I am not you.
I will grow where you never grew
do things you'll never do.
You're resentment inspires
and ignites internal fires,
the pursuit of desires
beyond what life merely requires.
Released from your hold
and the soul that you've sold.
All the lies I've been told
will no longer mold
who i am to become.
You are only where I came from
never again march to your drum.
I have broken free
free to be fully me
to fully just be
a greatness
beyond anything you'll ever see.

No comments:

Post a Comment